Does New Hope accept donations?
We absolutely always appreciate donations! The best way to learn more about our current needs and donate is to call our office at (918) 359-9024, or go to the “Donate Now” page of our website! In-kind gifts that are always needed include peanut-free snacks, crafts supplies, and books. Please also make sure to follow us on Facebook for seasonal wishlists (such as Back to School Bash and Summer Camps)!
How does a child get involved in New Hope programs?
If you believe you know a child who may benefit from any of our programs, please complete the following Interest Form. Once eligibility is determined, a member of our Programming team reaches out to caregivers directly!
Who qualifies for New Hope programs?
We serve youth who have been impacted by parental incarceration, so we work to connect any young person who’s mother or father has ever been justice-involved to an appropriate program! All programs are free to participating youth. We require the full name and DOC number of the incarcerated individual to determine eligibility for the following programs:
Any child impacted by parental incarceration is eligible to participate in our community events (Back to School Bash and & Holiday Celebration)!
- Youth impacted by incarceration who attend any Tulsa Public Schools middle/high schools are eligible for our “community nights” afterschool programming on Mondays. We work on life skills, participate in arts and sports programs, and learn about healthy choices!
Youth impacted by incarceration who attend the following elementary schools are eligible for small group afterschool programming during the week:
Eugene Field Elementary
Mark Twain Elementary
Walt Whitman Elementary
- Youth impacted by incarceration ages 8-15 are eligible to attend summer camp in June! Youth ages 16-18 are encouraged to apply to be Counselors in Training (CITs)!
To learn more about if a child you know may benefit from our programs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Does New Hope Need Volunteers?
Always! We LOVE our volunteers, and get so excited to welcome new members to the New Hope family! We have several kinds of volunteer opportunities, including:
- Mentoring in afterschool & community programs
- Mentoring at summer camps
- Providing special programming for afterschool programs &/or camps
- Special events (set up, clean up, check-in tables, etc.)
- Parent Connection (transportation)
Check out our “Volunteer” page or Volunteer Match profile to sign up!